Thursday, November 11, 2010

Salon Exotik (yes, with a ¨K¨)

Five dollar foot longs, no, five dollar haircuts. So, I finally got my haircut. I have been waiting the better part of a week. Last night my host family and I´s schedules finally coincided. Rosa and Sheridad met me in the Plaza de Armas and then we were off to Salon Exotik. It is located right off the main drag of Ayacucho if you will call it that. Ayacucho is a colonial city, which I have mentioned, so we went through this large castle like wooden door and past the libreria or office supply store and there it was. The Peruvian salon mothership ¨Salon Exotik.¨ I was wondering what I was getting myself into. My stylist was Jose. He was pretty good. It is a full service salon with manicures and pedicures, as well as massages, and haircuts and styles. The owner was propped up on the couch in the waiting area when I was done so we chatted a spell. Jose did a nice job. He even speaks a little English so it was not that hard to reiterate that I did not care for a ¨nuevo look¨this time. That is the first question all Peruvians ask you when you talk about a haircut, ¨Do you want it to be the same or do you want a nuevo look? There was even a doctor on site from Lima for two days doing BoTox treatments. That was my signal to politely leave, and pass on the botox treatments.

No comments:

Post a Comment