Friday, October 22, 2010

Benjamin ha Llegado!!

At 10:30 a.m. yesterday, October 21, 2010 the Paz Y Esperanza (PyE) team in Ayacucho grew by , well two feet. Benjamin Bengoa Gomez was born to his parents Omar Bengoa and Noemi Gomez here at the hospital in Ayacucho, Peru. Omar is my companero in communications, and Noemi works downstairs in administration at PyE.
I did not get to see Benjamin, but I made first hospital visit in Peru. Just like old chaplain times in Winston-Salem, NC. I was a little unsure about visiting a woman who had just given birth four and half hours ago, but the PyE team was insistent. They said come, come this is what we do. Yanet, Noemi´s counterpart in administration even squealed with delight about the thought of visiting so I thought well when in Peru...do as the Peruvians do!!
When we arrived there were two security guards at the door to the maternity unit monitoring numbers of visitors so we had to go one at a time.
When my turn came, Omar and Noemi´s mom were already in the room. I stayed for just a minute, even though they pulled out an extra chair, because I knew there was a fan club gathering outside. Hugs and congratulations all around. Noemi was sitting up smiling and eating lunch. She said Benjamin was average size...¨He is not to big, and not too small.¨ She said Benjamin had been taken by the doctors to examen him again so he was not there.
Beinvenidos little Benjamin!

No comments:

Post a Comment