Tuesday, October 26, 2010

La Mejor Mascota de Peru

Mascotas are pets or literally translated mascots. At the Paz y Esperanza (PyE) Office in Ayacucho we have our very own Öffice Dog¨or mascota. His name is Goffie or it is more like Goofy said with a fast spanish accent. He follows you in and out of the main door and hangs out at the bottom and first landing of the stairs. He seems pretty placid, but the otherday I was standing outside and found that Goffie was protecting me. He placed himself between me and anyone or thing else that came up. He likes for you to say hello and pat him on the head, then he returns to his post. Goffie is a good one, but they tell me he is getting on in years. I think Goffie still has game left. I am not totally sure if Goffie belongs to the PyE Office or to the family who owns the building we are staying in. They live on the third floor, and our offices occupy the first two. Eitherway, Goffie is a fixture here at PyE Ayacucho.

No comments:

Post a Comment