Sunday, September 5, 2010

Still Under the Empire

Today after church we took a trip to Mira Flores. I thought it was going to be some grand sight that I will never forget. Well it was actually another part of Lima. It was a commerical part. the swanky commercial part complete with all of the large chains that are found in the United States...KFC and Pizza Hut (YUM Brands - Louisville, KY), McDonald's and Burger King, Chilis, and of course Starbuck's. There were also a couple of stores like Tottus which is a Chilean (Chile) version of a big box store or Wal-Mart. I was sort of disappointed in a way, but I want to see if McDonald's is the same...I mean they were having a Festivus of Lasagnas at the Pizza Hut. We only did a drive-by so my curiosity will need to wait, but just know that the Empire crosses the equator.

No comments:

Post a Comment